Webconverger versus KioWare features:
- Browser - We use Firefox... Kioware seems to have recently switched to the Chrome browser from Internet Explorer
- Blocking - Yes, we support all their features. See filtering for furthering information
- Kiosk security - yes, we lock down everything. Strictly speaking we don't have a watchdog but we do have kiosk reset feature and cronjob
- User management - yes, though we don't have a warning when an inactivity timer is about to elapse
- User interface features - yes, toolbar skins, though Virtual keyboard only on Android, on PC we can accomodate touch screen hardware
- Kiosk Management - yes, configuration via https://config.webconverger.com/, though we do not allow local data to be stored (except config) and we do NOT track users.
- External device support - largely no. Thought the Android version can read barcodes and work with a Chromecast
- Reporting - NO! We care about privacy. We do not spy on our users! Please gather statistics on your homepage.
Excluding the price of Windows which Kioware depends upon, we beat that price as our annual fee is just 100USD. In the long term, consider three years usage: With a Webconverger 200USD one off subscription we beat Kioware's total cost proposition. 162USD + 3 * 0.20 * 162 = 259USD
Webconverger does have other advantages that their table doesn't list. Webconverger does not need antivirus software that Kioware strongly recommends. And Webconverger doesn't need extra fiddling to lock down the PC like disabling USB memory devices as they suggest.
Webconverger is competitive when compared to Kioware's kiosk products. That aside Webconverger is easier and quicker to deploy, safe from viruses and has better performance. Download Webconverger and see for yourself with a free 1 week no risk trial.