Domain registration handled by Dreamhost.
DNS records hosted with AWS Route 53, this is mainly for DNS failover, though its performance is pretty damn good.
Webconverger averages ~100 downloads a day and the ISO file is about 400M. So we transfer about 40GB a day, or 1 Terabyte a month.
Archlinux local hosting machine in Singapore.
- 320USD a year (quite uncompetitive compared to Digital Ocean) expiring in 2015-06-13
- At least 50mbit/sec up and down for local traffic http://www.gplhost.com/gplhost-network-singapore.html
- Control panel
- Printer configuration hosting
150GB pcm quota, goto Monitoring to see current use.
Extra is 12 USD (plus paypal fee) for 200 GB, and 24 USD for 400 GB, working out to be $0.06 per Gigabyte. Half the cost of S3. However it's just for that month! So it doesn't scale well at all.
Note that VPS will only turn off when you reach 120% of the allowed traffic.
Hosted by AWS CloudFront.
Test site is at http://beta.webconverger.com/
New York droplet running Debian for building test images and other development/tests.
A bottom of the range Digital Ocean droplet with
- 512MB Ram 20GB SSD Disk Amsterdam 1 Arch Linux 2013.05 x64
- 1 TB pcm bandwidth (that's 3x more than most other VPS providers)
- 5USD a month
- Archlinux (systemd)
- http://config.webconverger.com, synchronised by a Github Webhook, used as a secondary failover using AWS Route 53
- European mirror: http://eu.download.webconverger.com/
- filter.webconverger.com service
Another Digital Ocean droplet, this time in Singapore (SGP1)
- Asian mirror: http://as.download.webconverger.com/
This is likely to take on sg.webconverger.com since it's so much cheaper.
Hosted with Linode
- Debian 7 (wheezy)
- Linode 2048
- London, England, UK
- 2676GB Quota
- 20USD pcm
- Configuration service
- Support service
- Download service, source code
- Ping/Statistics service
~60USD a year
On a bronze package at 25USD a month.
Hiveage 100USD a year.
- config.webconverger.com, expires Sat Apr 29 18:57:32 UTC 2017
- https://webconverger.com - Comodo POSITIVESSL via Namecheap.com - Expiry 09/29/2016
- https://webconverger.org - Comodo POSITIVESSL via Namecheap.com - Expiry 10/08/2016
TODO: Look into switching https://sslmate.com/