Welcome to the opensource Webconverger Web kiosk project wiki !
|Subscribe to Webconverger Users|
|Visit this group|
We have established a #webconverger IRC channel on the http://freenode.net/ IRC network. Join!
How to edit the Wiki? Due to SPAM, I need you first to login/register with the site and then I can give you the appropriate write/admin privileges. Sorry this is so awkward!
- Download Webconverger
- Webconverger videos and how they are made
- Design document
- Developer information
- Acknowledgements - thanks everyone for your MIT licensed contributions!
- Testing Webconverger - please join the Quality Assurance(QA) effort
- Content filtering is achieved by simply disabling the address bar in most cases
Webconverger works with almost any standard x86 PC hardware with at least 1G of RAM.
Configuration management is a commerical product
http://webconverger.com is a UK & Singapore registered company that powers this project. The money generated through subscriptions is the fuel.
There is a configuration service and email support service to help you get your PCs up and running with Webconverger.
Reasons for using Webconverger
- What people are saying about Webconverger
- Ideal just for Web applications
- Free & open software
- Low requirements - can run on old/cheap hardware and can be ported to run on embedded devices
- Good security features by design
- Web Standards compliant
- Cost effective - try the free version or order a customised version
- No users or registration
- Flash and PDF viewer
- Easy to use
- Low Maintenance
- Commercial Support via Webconverger.com is available. Please enquire.