Welcome to the opensource Webconverger Web kiosk project wiki !
|Subscribe to Webconverger Users|
|Visit this group|
We have established a #webconverger IRC channel on the http://freenode.net/ IRC network. Join!
How to edit the Wiki? Due to SPAM, I need you first to login/register with the site and then I can give you the appropriate write/admin privileges. Sorry this is so awkward!
- Download Webconverger - German mirror
- Webconverger videos and how they are made
- Design document
- Developer information
- Acknowledgements - thanks everyone for your MIT licensed contributions!
- Testing Webconverger - please join the Quality Assurance(QA) effort
- Content filtering is achieved by simply disabling the address bar in most cases
Webconverger works with almost any standard x86 PC hardware with at least 1G of RAM.
http://webconverger.com is a UK & Singapore registered company that powers this project. The money generated through customisations is the fuel.
There is a customisation service and email support service to help you get your PCs up and running with Webconverger.
Reasons for using Webconverger
- What people are saying about Webconverger
- Ideal just for Web applications
- Free & open software
- Low requirements - can run on old/cheap hardware and can be ported to run on embedded devices
- Good security features by design
- Web Standards compliant
- Cost effective - try the free version or order a customised version
- No users or registration
- Flash and PDF viewer
- Easy to use
- Low Maintenance
- Commercial Support via Webconverger.com is available. Please enquire.