- Firefox 22 and Flash security updates
- Fixed an issue whereby the installer would not show up on a small subset of machines
- Upgraded to syslinux 6 which should make the boot experience slightly smoother
- Re-introduced support for allowing popups via the prefs= API
prefs=API has been beefed up so you can practically script Firefox to do whatever you want using autoconfig files
- Removed the proprietary Google talkplugin in favour of WebRTC e.g. https://talky.io/
- ttf-liberation fonts are back to improve compatibility with Windows renderings
In other news we are working on a Webconverger Raspberry PI port, FINALLY! With the caveat that it will only be used in Web signage use cases (Neon!) and not as a kiosk browsing machine. We were recently interviewed about Neon if you want to learn more.
We also recently contributed a linux.com blog explaining the nuances that go into Webconverger, that make it the best Web kiosk software.
Please download the latest release and we would love to hear from you!
$ md5sum webc-21.0.iso d9dcac12391ca263063404f7e95edcca webc-21.0.iso $ sha1sum webc-21.0.iso 6c212bfa28f3b4e7c85cc6bf271bc6b22ba4bdf2 webc-21.0.iso