The Webconverger release process
This is how a release is currently done. Improvement ideas are very welcome.
- A daily build is targeted
- A round of testing is asked for on the mailing list
- Of course we conduct our own testing on VMWARE ISO and on actual hardware USB.
- A day or two of testing elapses
- The deliver.sh script is executed, which stages the release on hetty at build.webconverger.org
rsync -essh -artpv --progress --delete /srv/www/download.webconverger.org/ webconverger.com:download.webconverger.com/which mirrors the download at the server in the states
- A blog is published with the release notes
- Webconverger.com is updated.
- Release is tweeted
- Release is announced on Freshmeat
- Announced on the mailing list and if a important release, announced on the announce list