Webconverger unlike Windows for example does not require:
- a Firewall
- Transparency with opensource software
- Reproducble builds
- Always clears private data once a session is ended (last tab is closed or by inactivity timeout or by poweroff)
- Does not require any signup or registration
- Does not snoop on users
Once installed, Webconverger has automatic updates that keep you deployment security patched. Note that fetched updates only apply at boot.
We can support Enterprise IT administrators looking to finely tune update roll outs.
Webconverger welcomes security review. Please email security AT webconverger.com with your findings. Valid bugs are typically kindly acknowledged building up your online reputation as an expert!
Could security reviewers please practice responsible disclosure.
- Webconverger is a member of the Open Source Computer Emergency Response Team
- Review by Andrew Patrick, Ph.D. of the Information Security Group of the National Research Council Canada
- Webconverger has been reviewed by "kiosk hacker" Paul Craig of http://ikat.ha.cked.net/